All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Help! table stuck after painting
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Help! table stuck after painting Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I sanded and painted a table (with leaves out) and paint got in the runs under the leaves. After drying the leaves no longer slide out so I can't put them away. How do I undo this sticky situation? The paint is really dry in the runs and I can't really reach in there with anything I can think of!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        What kind of paint did you use?

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi mond,

It's difficult to know how to assist you because we do not know what your table looks like or the area where the problem exist what it looks like, i.e. shape wise, groove, channels, holes which dowels enter, etc.

I suggest you take a couple of pictures and post them on a free site such as www.photobucket.com and then start another message here and post links in your new message to the pictures you have posted on photobucket, but try to point out in the message what we should look for and also post a picture which shows this after or before it.

I would suggest you open the table and take pictures in good light and take several close up pictures of the area where the issue is easier to see and post them and then indicate the problems with a link to each of your pictures. In doing this others may see what your problem is and offer suggestions which will likely solve your problem.

If the leaves are involved in the problem take a picture of them and take close ups of the area from the top in good lighting as well as from the edges where the issue exists but with good lighting so the problems are easier to see.

Others may have additional suggestions.

Good Luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Simply_Me,

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        The runners (slides) are probably screwed to the table. remove the screws and the slides. take them outside and try to get some lacquer thinner or M.E.K. into the mating areas while trying to get them to move

Posts: 2504 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post