All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Removing Chipped Paint
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Removing Chipped Paint Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello all. So I have a room that hasn't been painted in years. So much so the paint is beginning to chip throughout. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        You start by scraping everything that is loose or flaking. Fill by skimming with drywall mud, sand and paint. Nothing is going to be easy about this.

Jaybee

Posts: 10102 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of eric_hern
        posted Hide Post
        I agree. Its going to be a long hard work. You can scrape the paint manually or you can use chemicals to remove the paint but be careful as it can irritate or even burn your skin.

I'm a drywaller not a plumber. Leave it to me, most kitchen repair jobs should be left to the pros.

Posts: 7 | Location: Bethesda, Maryland | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post