All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Plumbing    Basement utility sink
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Basement utility sink Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I installed a basement utility sink but need to set up the drain properly. I have been draining into the sump pump for the past few months but need to fix it the right way. The sink is sitting against a concrete wall in the basement. The closest PVC drain to tap into is 8 feet above on the same wall. There is not a vent pipe nearby. I was told to purchase and set up a hartell pump system that will eject the waste water straight up into the drain pipe. However, I am confused how to go about doing this and want to ensure I tie into the pipe correctly and to code. I searched the internet and YouTube but have found no advice on how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I'd cut floor to the nearest drain run towards the floor drain, install a trap and line, and repair the floor.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5849 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        You really only have two choices here - do as swschrad suggests and cut into the slab until you hit a floor drain or get a pump system to pump it up. Any pump that you get should have instructions to show how high it can pump and how to properly connect it.

Jaybee

Posts: 10474 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post