All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Plumbing    Can I use..
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Can I use.. Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm in the process of plumbing in on a bathroom remodel and was wondering if what I was planning on doing would work or not..My drain/vent line is in the exact corner of the room. I'd like to hug the wall and install the 3" pvc in a straight line, to do this I would have to use a sweep 90 at the end(horizontally) and then about a 9 or 10" piece of pipe with a sweep 90 vertically for the toilet rough in. Is this ok to do? I'm also wondering about the venting..it's an added in bathroom that had a bathtub, toilet and sink, all hooked to a single vent, is this still ok? I was thinking about using an AAV under the vanity as it's furthest from the vent line.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi jamesd86,

A diagram of what exists and what you wish to do with measurement would make it much easier to assist you so that we totally understand what you are trying to do.

As to venting you should have no problem with what you plan as far as the toilet is concerned provided the vent in the corner is the same size vent pipe as the toilet drain line. Any other devices you add to the washroom each require their own vent line to the vent stack and need to attach to the vent stack above where each device's drain connects to the main drain.

Others may have additional suggestions.

Good Luck!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        the toilet needs a P trap, not an ell. all drains must have a P trap to prevent backwash of sewer gas into living spaces.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5488 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Toilets have a trap built into the base, correct?

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1395 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        yes a toilet has a trap built in. they rough in using a elbow. if you use a trap it wont drain...

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post