All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Plumbing    Plumbing puzzle
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Plumbing puzzle Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Our kitchen sink is plugged, maybe by pea soup. Plunging did not help. I took the goose neck off, it's clean. I put 15 feet of auger down the ABS pipe, to no avail. Funny thing is, when I reconnected everything back together and put boiling water in, it only took about 12 cups of water to fill the drain with standing water again. That is not a lot of water. Does that not mean that the block must be fairly close to the sink, and not 15 feet away?
        (I opened the clean-out at the basement floor, and it was dry, so the block must be above that.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posts: 27 | Location: Hamilton, Ontario | Registered: Apr 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        no, the plug could be futher down than 15 feet and the small amount of water you put in only fills the pipe for the water that was lost when you took it apart. I suggest getting a 50 ft plumbers snake, its not expensive. it will come with a bent piece of tubing that will help you twist the snake as you go furter down the line. twist in a clockwise direction so that the coil at the end grabs the blockage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nona,

Posts: 2502 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Smile

Thanks very much, nona. A 25 foot unit did it.

Posts: 27 | Location: Hamilton, Ontario | Registered: Apr 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        That's great that you were able to find the clog and get it cleared.

Retroloco-LJ
        http://fhfurr.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post