All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Plumbing    weird fitting I can't find.
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

weird fitting I can't find. Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm looking for this PVC fitting. In the picture it's in a 2 inch coupler. Does anyone know what it's called? What it's used for? Where to find one?

at

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        the close up is to close. but it looks like a 3/4 x 2
        bushing reducer that is in a coupling backwards
        ....hey call me crazy....thats what it looks like
        submit another pic... not so close

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I think you might be right - I've searched high and low and found nothing like it. Maybe they cut the flange off of a reducer bushing...? The thing is not in my possession so that's the only picture I have unfortunately. Have you ever seen a reducer bushing with that tapered decrease in size?

at

Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        You can always build what you need with an imagination and a well stocked {PVC} plumbing isle from your local hardware store. Never saw a reducer exactly like what you have there. But maybe I never had to look for one as well. Good hunting..

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1408 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        have you visit a real plumbing store that supplies to the pro plumbers if you have 1 near you take this part with you and they might be able to figure this out , make sure that you purchase the parts there if they have them ..

Posts: 752 | Registered: Oct 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        all kinds of different reducers
        ecentric,concentrie,bell, bushing, threaded,solvent, slip,barbed, goesinta's and goesonta's

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the input - I think I figured it out. It's a 2"x1/2" reducer bushing with its flange cut off and put in backwards. I found something that looks just like it at Ace. Smile

at

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        from the picture it looks like its in a coffee cup
        the blue ink..on the side

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Though the smaller diameter has threading manufactured in, but a second look maybe not. Great you found what you need. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1408 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post