All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Plumbing    LP GAS LINE
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

LP GAS LINE Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Sorry, I am prob in wrong forum, but could not find what I was looking for. I have a travel trailer and the lp pipe that runs from the LP tanks to the hot water tank, fridge, stove, and furnace (all split off main line) is rusting really bad. I want to replace the main line (the split offs are copper, but main line is steel) and would like to use a non-metallic type of pipe. Is this feasible? What kind would work? Need a little guidance here for safety reasons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ARCHER,

Posts: 243 | Registered: Oct 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        I don't think there is a true non-metalic gas line available. There is a flexible rubber coated line that is commonly used for residential construction.

Since there are some unique stresses on a travel trailer, I would check with a local travel trailer dealer to see what your material options may be. I do know that steel lines are used as opposed to copper since the softer copper can eventually break if it flexes enough.

Jaybee

Posts: 10434 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        i give out a lot of advice on this forum..and enjoy doing so.
        but gas is the one topic i will tell you to have a pro do it.it is to dangerious for a diy job.
        bite the bullet and call a plumber to install new piping in your trailer.

Posts: 4065 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Frodo, tks, I agree 100%. Gonna check at RV dealer to see what they may have to say about it. Again, tks for the advice.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Oct 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post