All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Archive  Hop To Forums  Cooking    obamacare privacy disclosure
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

obamacare privacy disclosure Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Frodo
        posted
        ya'll need to read thisI know this is not the right p[lace for this . but please excuse my fopah, thought you outta know this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Other than the caveat about making e-mails public, this "privacy policy" isn't that much different than that of most websites. Read the Facebook so-called privacy policy and see what it requires the users to authorize. And how many millions of users does Facebook have?

I doubt if very many people even bother to read privacy policies when they sign up on websites, even though it's only basic common sense to do so.

I don't see any justification at all for making users' e-mails public, but from what I read, this is a position stated by Maryland. Whether it's a part of the Affordable Care Act statute I don't know; it's too voluminous for me to read.

Compliance with federal and state authorities for law enforcement purposes is a standard provision of every privacy policy I've read.

BTW, have you ever read the disclosures contained in the form hospital and medical consents? At least in this area most of them contain the right to film and allow students to observe procedures.

When a hospital pulled this with me, I told them they'd have to provide me with royalties from sale of the films or photos if they wanted the right to do it. Kind of blew their mind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Is not facebook removing the privacy feature as they are claiming it is in little use. Sure it is not about $$$$
        I do not nor will ever have a facebook account, silly little internet hobby, in my opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CommonwealthSparky,

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1429 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        CS, are you saying that Facebook is no longer even going to have a privacy policy? Guess I'm not surprised. It's been flaunting privacy rights for years and getting away with it.

I really don't understand why so many people are compulsive about using it. They're like sheep.

I never have and never will use it or any other social media of that type.

And since Zuckerberg is a billionaire several times over, obviously he doesn't need any more money. Maybe it's a power thing.

Getting back to the original issue of privacy disclosures, our privacy has been eroding for years, ranging from government actions such as closed circuit cameras at intersections to private intrusions such as those enabled by retail loyalty programs which sell data collected to commercial enterprises...not to mention airport security measures.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        you have no privacy on the Wacky Wacky Webbiepoo, folks. that horse left the barn when I among others in the transitional days of The Connected Internet voted in our technical meetings to amend the RFC to permit commercial use in the early 90s. that was back when The Connected Internet was two 56K MCI lines, coast to coast.

your options are to read a site's policy, and opt out right there... or live with it.

Our Friend Google (tm) just required you to opt out from tailored ads with one checkbox, after joining Google+. the only option.

getFaced'book basically makes it impossible to keep the merchandisers out, although if you spend 20 minutes examining options, you can limit your screeds and whines to friends. one booze outfit in particular has 20 different aliases at last count, and you can't get rid of their ads and "recommendations" totally no matter what you do. block them, they get 20 more.

Da ISH is the wild wild west, and you just have to be smart, and have a good anti-threat program loaded. there are great free versions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5710 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post