All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  General Crafts    Paint/Sealer for styrofoam?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Paint/Sealer for styrofoam? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted
        Hi Everyone! I have some items I want to use this coming Halloween outside, but they are Styrofoam. I am wondering what type of paint I would need to cover them to prevent weather damage? Also a sealer that would help them stay in better shape longer too. I had tried spray paint previously and it melted the styrofoam so that doesn't work and I don't know that acrylic craft paint would hold up either. I appreciate any suggestions, maybe things you have tried that worked. Thanks a bunch Smile

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 511 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Styrofoam can be painted with acrylic air brush paints (I did this for Halloween head stones)
        One can also use Krylon H20 Latex spray paint, if you want more solid coverage and have no airbrush.

You really don't need a sealer, as the stuff won't rot or melt in the rain?

Posts: 6864 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        OK Thanks Dude!! We have unfriendly neighbors and so we do/say things to keep them at property distance Roll Eyes One of the things we are doing is putting skulls on the fence posts-human styro ones. We had 2 we have had out for about 2 years that we did not treat at all and they are coming apart, so we want to replace them as well as make a grave yard with the styro head stones. Crazy? Well yes a little maybe, but if they are afraid of us maybe they will leave us the heck alone like we asked them to! Thanks for the help I will try the Krylon Smile

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 511 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post