All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Cleaning    How to clean an old bathtub.
        Page 1 2 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

How to clean an old bathtub. Sign In/Join 
        posted Hide Post
        vinegar, salt and baking soda mixture is good cleaning mixture for cleaning bath tubs. This mixture can give a effective results to your bathtubs.

basement flood water pump out company

basement water removal

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        make a call with the experts or just replace the old one. that's it!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        you need to go get a PUMICE stone
        its the only thing that will clean up old porcelin with out damaging it. believe me
        i knoew of what i speak
        i have installed 2 or 3 thousand tubs. in new homes
        and every once in awhile we get a funked up tub that has been used as a toilet and abused in all sorts of ways you dont even want to know. instead of pulling them out. and occuribg all that cost we use a pumice stone.. just water and rub it. all hard water stains will come off..its not fast. it will take about an hour to clean it up

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Try Bar Keepers Friend, even Wal-Mart sells it.

joecaption

Posts: 17988 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Nestor, why is it important to avoid allowing the oven cleaner to go down the bathtub drain?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by MDcrabber:
        Nestor, why is it important to avoid allowing the oven cleaner to go down the bathtub drain?

because a sewer septic system is a living breathing thing. chemicals kill the little germs that eat the stuff that is in the tank. if not. the tank would fill up with some foul smelling stuff and 1 x a year you would call me or one of my breathren to empty it for you
        never, never ever, never ever ever . flush anything but poo poo down the drain
        in the kitchen..grease is a HUGE no no. it will clog your pipes up quick and in a hurry
        and then you gotta call me or my other brothers..on second thought...go ahead..flush whatever you want. then give me a call. i only charge 95 an hour
        150 for the first hour....250 an hour for a back hoe and crew....6 hrs worth......

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Now, Frodo, you know the rules on advertising....don't make me report you as a spammer! Big Grin

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        DO what I do; I have an old 1940's porcelain bathtub; i have rust stains and such just like you; take a Scotchguard fiber cleaner pad; and get yourself some Bar Keeper's Friend brand powder; THE BEST THING ON EARTH: scrub the hell out of it-- with rubber gloves on...it surely will remove mildew, and stains and evertything; I' keep do;in it once a month and tub looks new; good luck! BAR KEEPER"S FRIEND powder cleanser

Posts: 219 | Location: Chelsea, New York | Registered: Mar 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post