DIY Message Boards
How to clean an old bathtub.

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1921916776/m/5763976847

Aug 30, 2012, 07:24 AM
kristoffersava
How to clean an old bathtub.
vinegar, salt and baking soda mixture is good cleaning mixture for cleaning bath tubs. This mixture can give a effective results to your bathtubs.

basement flood water pump out company

basement water removal
Jan 28, 2013, 11:30 PM
henhen2
make a call with the experts or just replace the old one. that's it!

Feb 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
Frodo
you need to go get a PUMICE stone
its the only thing that will clean up old porcelin with out damaging it. believe me
i knoew of what i speak
i have installed 2 or 3 thousand tubs. in new homes
and every once in awhile we get a funked up tub that has been used as a toilet and abused in all sorts of ways you dont even want to know. instead of pulling them out. and occuribg all that cost we use a pumice stone.. just water and rub it. all hard water stains will come off..its not fast. it will take about an hour to clean it up
Feb 01, 2013, 04:33 PM
joecaption
Try Bar Keepers Friend, even Wal-Mart sells it.

joecaption
Aug 20, 2013, 12:05 PM
MDcrabber
Nestor, why is it important to avoid allowing the oven cleaner to go down the bathtub drain?
Sep 06, 2013, 06:10 PM
GardenSprite
Now, Frodo, you know the rules on advertising....don't make me report you as a spammer! Big Grin
Oct 28, 2013, 07:49 PM
rusty1978
DO what I do; I have an old 1940's porcelain bathtub; i have rust stains and such just like you; take a Scotchguard fiber cleaner pad; and get yourself some Bar Keeper's Friend brand powder; THE BEST THING ON EARTH: scrub the hell out of it-- with rubber gloves on...it surely will remove mildew, and stains and evertything; I' keep do;in it once a month and tub looks new; good luck! BAR KEEPER"S FRIEND powder cleanser