DIY Message Boards
Putting a Pocket Door Back in its Tracks

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1491013504/m/9023982008

Jan 07, 2014, 01:53 PM
joecercone
Putting a Pocket Door Back in its Tracks
We're renting a "park model" pre-fab for the winter and the rear wheels of the bedroom pocket door have come out of the track. Only access is through a small hole someone has cut in the hallway closet wall, so I'm guessing this has happened before. I can't find any good way to remove the track, so am thinking I might be able to spread the track, reinsert the wheels and pinch the track back together. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
Jan 07, 2014, 02:09 PM
Jaybee
The only problem with spreading the track is that makes that area prone to having the trolley jump the track again. Then again, maybe this has happened already.

Other solution could be to remove as many mounting screws as possible holding the track above the open door opening. Then, bow the track down enough to slide the trolley back on. A big maybe if youcan bend it enough to work.

OR

Cut out the last couple of inches of track at the far end of the open doorway - enough so that you can fit the trolley back on. On most pocket doors, the trolleys are mounted several inches back from the door edge so once installed, it will not hit the notch.

Jaybee
Jan 08, 2014, 10:47 AM
GardenSprite
Isn't it interesting that Shaun Bennett seems t-o have the same issues as this and 4 other posters, and his solutions were always solved by "doorwindowrepairs.com"?

Guess he also doesn't understand the difference between a pocket door and a sliding door.

Anyone think that this isn't his pho** either? He's done this before as well.

SB has been reported t-o the Admins as a spammer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Jan 08, 2014, 03:09 PM
joecercone
Jaybee: Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like the only way I'll be able to get the trolley back in the track is to cut a larger access hole in the closet wall so I can actually get my hands on the rear trolley and guide it back into the track while my wife pushes in on the bottom of the door which will allow the back of the door to swing up. This is a manufactured house and the factory allowed for no access to the track short of cutting into the closet wall.