All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Windows, Walls & Doors    Mobilehomes
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Mobilehomes Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Moonchaser
        posted
        Has anyone replaced windows in a mobileHome???
        zI know the walls are not very thick. At least as thick as a regular home. Bit I have these aluminum
        windows all in my mobile home and they are not double painead like I want, and the air comes through them. Can some one advise.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        You may find that mobile home window sizes are not the same as regular houses. But still, take a look at stock vinyl windows at Lowe's or HD. Most of those are not 4-9/16" thick like a regular wall but are designed to be installed with a trimmed flange on the outside and built into on the inside. If you find a size to fit the rough opening in the mobile home, one of those could work for a decent price.

Jaybee

Posts: 10148 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post