All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Windows, Walls & Doors    how do i build a frame for a wall of antique doors?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

how do i build a frame for a wall of antique doors? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I Am Trying To Seperate My Kitchen From MY Living Room By Using Antique Doors. I Am A Beginner And Need To Know How To Build A Frame To Put Them In. Any Suggestions? Thanks!!

Andrew McCoy

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        "Beginner" and "Finish Carpentry" don't usually go together very well.

If these are going to be operating doors, then you should hire this out to a pro. If the doors are to be used as a fixed wall, then you need to construct a simple box frame with a stop that will allow the doors to be inserted. Here too, the complexity of this can easily get past the beginner stage.

Jaybee

Posts: 10132 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks Jaybee. These Doors Are Not Going To Be Functional Whatsoever. I Was ThinkIng That I Probably Need To Put them In A Box Frame. I Will Keep This Updated With My Progress. Thanks!

Andrew McCoy

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post