All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Windows, Walls & Doors    flash a pocket window
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

flash a pocket window Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Ihad Pella come out and do a quote for my remodel. There are 18 standard size windows. Pella wanted to change the size on most of them which would change the whole look of the house.

I can get the windows from menards or lowes to relace the original ones. The new ones would be pocket windows installed from the outside using the framing and interiot stops and trim of the old windows. Since i have aluminum siding i would like to do an aluminum fladh around the new windows but dont know how. Anyone have recommendations for reading or a tutorial on how to do it?

Posts: 12 | Location: Barryton, MI | Registered: Sep 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Decorative aluminum flashing is best left up to the pros with all the right tools. Get a quote or two, I think you'll find that having them do this is fairly inexpensive.

Jaybee

Posts: 10479 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I dont know of any window companies around my area that might do just the flashing. How would I go about finding one?

Posts: 12 | Location: Barryton, MI | Registered: Sep 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Check with companies that install aluminum & vinyl siding.

Jaybee

Posts: 10479 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post