All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Windows, Walls & Doors    Leaking Window
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Leaking Window Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello,
        I have a window that was leaking and caulked around the sides of the window and is still leaking. I was seeing if anyone know what i should do next?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        the window, or the window frame? the frame is the part that doesn't move.

top and bottom are more likely to be where the water infiltration is coming from, and water can get in behind the wall and run down, looking for the first availiable place to get in. water will invariably find any opening that exists to get in the wall. that can rot the wall.

if there is crummy rotten wood soft enough to poke a screwdriver into, that indicates you need to remove the stops that hold the sliding window parts in the frame, carefully inspect the frame, and perhaps cut some wallboard inside to look for damage. fix everything and reframe the window, or replace it. there needs to be a seamless to falling water weather shield on the outside of the house to divert any water behind the clapboards/stucco/whatever OUT first, then away.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5494 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Got a picture of the inside and outside of the window?
        Hard to suggest how to fix something you can not even see.

joecaption

Posts: 17995 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        In my opinion you should contact a Toronto Replacement Windows because a professional company is beneficial to fix this problem permanently.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Dear Peter
        Guess you missed reading where it says
        NO AD'S
        I'm sure it was just an over sight on your part and would never want to be group in with all the useless hated skum of the earth useless spammers.
        Have nice day.

joecaption

Posts: 17995 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post