All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Windows, Walls & Doors    Changing closet doors
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Changing closet doors Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello everyone:

I'm a bit new to this whole DIY thing. But hey, its been fun, and they're all simple projects.

So I just moved into a new place and my bedroom closet has 3 bypass doors that I'd like to change to 2. The problem I'm having is that everywhere I look I notice they sell the doors with frames and everything and I just need the actual doors and hanging hardware. Any advice on what the best way to find these are?

Are there standard sizes? I'm seeing 80" but I'm guessing that's to the frame, right? Mu current doors themselves are only about 76" high.

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        standard size is 36 inches for doors. they are made in even sizes down to 18 inches. not as many options for pass doors for closets.

there are bifold doors in solid wood (OK, scuzwood) with veneering in the 24-30-36 sizes, which is what we replaced all the closet doors in our house with. they come with hinges and a top track hardware set. pine, oak, cherry veneers common, some models have full or top louvers. the millwork desk at a real lumberyard or a large home center can fix you up.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5475 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post