DIY Message Boards
living room

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomments/f/6821916776/m/6893937477

Oct 24, 2013, 12:09 PM
padrew
living room
I need help with colors for pillows and throws
Oct 24, 2013, 12:16 PM
padrew
I just bought the white throws and I hate them they don't look right in this room I don't know what to do I am so lost please help

andrew nemeth
Oct 24, 2013, 07:27 PM
GardenSprite
The room is quite dark, so I would think that lighter colors would be complimentary as well as break the strong power of the dark colors.

White can sometimes seem too "jarring" and contrasting, but look for colors in neutral shades, and variations of the existing browns that you already have. Shades of beige, ivory, eggshell and tans might work.

E.g., the wall on the right of the door in the third photo to my eye blends in with the dark colors, whereas the white is not in the same color range and stands out.
Some additional lamps could also soften the harshness of the dark colors.

You could also try brighter earth tones such as pumpkin and gold, although those wouldn't particularly be my preference. It also wouldn't hurt to try some greens, just to see what effect they have.

And BTW, of whom is the bust on the stand by the door? It caught my eye right away, not just for the color but because of the statuary.

And if Andrew Nemeth is your real name, you might want to think about deleting it for security purposes. There are a number of trolls and spammers who plague this forum and you really wouldn't want any of them knowing who you really are.

Your room has some interesting architecture, almost Craftsman like in some aspects.
Oct 26, 2013, 11:45 AM
Frodo
its to busy up in there...you have a long room that is narrow
and it looks like it is split up into three spaces
piano, area
sitting area
tv room..
make up your mind and go for that look, [1 look]
personally i would put a cowboy hat on that bust and hang a old saddle on the wall, throw out the love seats and use chairs,, and go with a western motiff...but thats just me
chow....

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E