All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    living room (Personal Album)
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools
        Add Comment
        living room Sign In/Join 
        by padrew (created on )Gallery | Comments 
        I need help with colors for pillows and throws

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I just bought the white throws and I hate them they don't look right in this room I don't know what to do I am so lost please help

andrew nemeth

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        The room is quite dark, so I would think that lighter colors would be complimentary as well as break the strong power of the dark colors.

White can sometimes seem too "jarring" and contrasting, but look for colors in neutral shades, and variations of the existing browns that you already have. Shades of beige, ivory, eggshell and tans might work.

E.g., the wall on the right of the door in the third photo to my eye blends in with the dark colors, whereas the white is not in the same color range and stands out.
        Some additional lamps could also soften the harshness of the dark colors.

You could also try brighter earth tones such as pumpkin and gold, although those wouldn't particularly be my preference. It also wouldn't hurt to try some greens, just to see what effect they have.

And BTW, of whom is the bust on the stand by the door? It caught my eye right away, not just for the color but because of the statuary.

And if Andrew Nemeth is your real name, you might want to think about deleting it for security purposes. There are a number of trolls and spammers who plague this forum and you really wouldn't want any of them knowing who you really are.

Your room has some interesting architecture, almost Craftsman like in some aspects.

Posts: 1929 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        its to busy up in there...you have a long room that is narrow
        and it looks like it is split up into three spaces
        piano, area
        sitting area
        tv room..
        make up your mind and go for that look, [1 look]
        personally i would put a cowboy hat on that bust and hang a old saddle on the wall, throw out the love seats and use chairs,, and go with a western motiff...but thats just me
        chow....

Posts: 4064 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post